The Archives Department provides the following services
- Research support for academic researchers, journalists, etc.
- Research support for genealogists searching, in person, for ancestors from the Eastern Townships
- Distance research support for genealogists searching for ancestors from the Eastern Townships (requests conducted by the Archivist requiring approx. 15 minutes or less are free of charge, requests requiring more than 15 minutes may be arranged with the Archivist)
- Use of the consultation room (the Old Library) is free at all times (the Old Library is open Monday-Friday, 9AM-12PM and 1PM-4:30PM).
- Reproductions, digital and print, of various sources for publications and research studies (paid services, please see our price list for rates)
- Support for regional not-for-profit organizations, individuals, and families on the preservation and organization of their records